Friday, February 12, 2010

Sauce du la Sauce a la Bang Bang

So my Beloved Seeso and her hubby just moved into a new house and needed the couch back that I was borrowing from them.  The nerve.

I put out a plea on Facebook:
"Does anyone have a sofa they want to sell? My sister has the nerve to want hers back. Sheesh. :)"

Here were the responses:
Kevin Dereniwsky: What happened to the nice one I gave you?
(Yeah.... 7 years ago!!)

Claudette Tower Dowler: You better find something soon, or I'll be sleeping with you and Barb at our weekend to the Sharngri-la... and I like to sleep in the nude :)
(The Blind Bay Bitches are coming for a weekend here at Shangri-la in March.  Batten down the hatches.)

And then?  I heard angels singing.....

Ron Scott: We are selling our couch and love seat that you love so much. If you're still interested 250.00 for the pair.
(Ron and I worked as paramedics together.  Yay Ron!!)

So, all I had to do was pick them up at Ron's place.  Easy, right?  Yeah.... right.  I asked my friend Ted to help me.  He has a truck and just LOVES it when I ask him to take care of the 'blue jobs' at my house.  Ted is also known as: Saucy-sauce, Saucey Bang-Bang, Ticka-ticka or Teddy.  You know that person who you can call on pretty much anytime you need something, no matter what?  Help moving, leaky faucet, $50 bucks, bail money at 2:00am (haven't needed that yet....), Ted is one of those guys who is always there.

Teddy is pretty much the male version of me and is like a brother.  We laugh our heads off.  We can talk about almost anything and usually do on a fairly regular basis over a bottle of wine.  He's been such a good friend to me and I feel pretty lucky to know him.  He's a free spirit and insists on living life on his own terms no matter what anyone thinks.  I admire that in him.

The moving of the couches ended up being far more complicated than I could have ever imagined.  Ted dug in and worked hard until the job was done for the paltry pay of a shared bottle of red and some Hawaiian pizza.  Thanks, Teddy.  You da bomb!

(Teddy on the deck last summer giving me his infamous model pose.)

No comments: