Friday, February 12, 2010

Fridge Magnets


Ok y'all.
I just have to share something funny with you.

I briefly mentioned in an earlier post that I had a suitor who didn't like my fridge magnets so I politely sent him packing.  Seriously.  It sounds like a small thing but my fridge magnets really represent a big part of my sense of humour.  Appropriate?  Not so much but neither am I.

Mybarb and I were yapping on the phone the other night and she was updating my pathetic "don't-have-television" ass on what was happening on The Bachelor.  Apparently it's down to 4 women and one of them withdrew from the show because she didn't want to give up her job for this man.  I expressed indignation that she wouldn't quit her job for a man who showed such potential to which Barb replied "This from the woman who won't even take her fucking fridge magnets down!"

Touche, my good friend.

Now while I understand what she's getting at with this cheeky comment, I just have to say that humour is so very important to me and I'll defend that position with my last breath!  (Ok, somewhat dramatic but you get what I'm saying....).  I think you need to see my fridge magnets, dear internet, in order to fully understand what I'm trying to explain here.  People either clearly think they're funny.... or really, really don't.  So, for your entertainment and viewing pleasure, I present 'Susan's quasi-obscene fridge magnets'. 





I'm guessing that you've figured out by now that I love all things 'retro'.  If I won the lottery I think I'd buy the Brady Bunch house.  I'm not kidding.  I have a couple of other gems (non-magnet variety) that are absolutely hilarious and have a total retro, kitschy feel to them.  I'll do another post soon telling you all about that. 

 Please; if you happen to see a fridge magnet with the same theme as those shown above, send it to me!!!  There just might be a jar of homemade antipasto in it for you.....




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the "being bitchy and unstable is part of my mystique" in a coffee mug... and it is so true my girl... cant wait to see you next month, and so glad that you found me a couch to sleep on... ps.. i never sleep nude anymore at peoples houses.. ever since i got married (funny how that works) :)

Unknown said...

I love your sense of hahahaha and I love you! That was such a good laugh, you being all indignant about the girl not willing to change jobs...hahahaha You kill me!