Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rowan-ish-ness

Rowan.
Reluam (Pronounced 'Ra-loom' for some unknown reason).
Ra-loom-a-loo.
Ra-loomy.
Rowan the Dragon Mauler ('Reluam' is 'Mauler' backwards.  Don't ask.)

Rowan is lovely.  He came to visit the night before Connor's birthday 3 weeks ago and decided to stay. He needed a soft place to land.  We had an extra room.  Makes perfect sense, no?

Rowan is one of Connor's best friends.  He's a remarkable young man; President of the Youth Society, Honour Roll, Student Council, Saxophone Player (piano too) and is just really, really sweet.  He fits right in with us and already in this short amount of time, I can't imagine our family without him.  He thinks he may want to be a lawyer.  I think there's no doubt that he'll achieve whatever he puts his mind to.

Gigi now has yet another brother/quasi-brother (Connor, Jack, Bryce, Adam and now Rowan) and I really think she doesn't have a chance at dating until her mid 20's.  I now have someone who can reach for the r-e-a-l-l-y high things in the cupboards.  Connor and Jack have a built in xbox playing, D&D geeking, homework-doing brother/friend. 

We love our Ra-loom and we're so happy to have him here with us.  He's a bonus to our family and we're better because he's in it.


   Rowan looking dapper and happy.

Rowan and Gigi looking fierce.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,

I searched "Reluam the Dragonmauler" and a link to this popped up, and brought a tear to my eye. I am super thankful for the impact you had on my life. You made me believe in myself, in not letting my surroundings control me and you helped me to take control of my own life. You instilled in me a sense of morals, of what a good family is like and the potential in everyone to be a good person.I still think of you and your family almost daily and wished I hadn't let you down the way I did. I am still and always will be sorry.

Yours truly

Rowan aka Reluam aka Ra-loom-a-loo aka Ra-loomy